Who really are the sales and marketing experts, gurus, commentators, authors and spokespeople who genuinely influence the way we think, sell and market our companies/products/solutions? In 2012 we decided to find out – not subjectively, or for that matter, purely objectively.
We used the services of a small team of professional researchers who rigorously examined the credentials of one hundred and fifty possible “candidates” to arrive at the top fifty, and we also asked the editors of the most popular sales resource venues to give us their opinion.
The criteria we used to benchmark each individual’s impact within the sales space was:
- Social media presence – Twitter/ Facebook/ Klout score/LinkedIn authority.
- Quality, regularity and popularity of written work – books, blog posts, articles, EBooks etc.
- Active engagement with recognized resource sites.
- And not least, a commitment to continually advance selling and marketing practices.
Congratulations to everyone who made the list, and thank you for adding so much value to the way we sell, and to the way we market ourselves
* The 2013 list will be announced in the June edition of Top Sales Magazine – you can reserve your copy HERE.