Every July, we assess around one hundred popular sales and marketing blogs, and compile what we believe to be the best fifty. The criteria we use is:
* Quality of the written word, including use of grammar, punctuation and originality
* Ability to educate or entertain – specifically, giving something back rather than “pitching” continually
* Popularity – i.e. visitor numbers
* Social media exposure – Tweets, LinkedIn/Facebook/Google+ promotion
* Blog design – cosmetic appearance
* Finally, regularity of posts.