At the last count, it was estimated that there are more than 500 million blogs on the internet, plus around 250 million in China: How many of these are sales and marketing related? Nobody knows for sure, so we simply assessed the ones we know about.Every May, we announce the “Top 5o Sales & Marketing Influencers”– and as a logical next exercise, we have decided to assess around one hundred popular sales and marketing blogs, and compile what we believe to be the best fifty from that long list.The criteria we used to benchmark each blog was:
- Quality of the written word, including use of grammar, punctuation and originality
- Ability to educate or entertain – specifically, giving something back rather than “pitching” continually
- Popularity – i.e. visitor numbers
- Social media exposure – Tweets, LinkedIn/Facebook/Google+ promotion
- Blog design – cosmetic appearance
- Finally, regularity of posts.
We use the same team of independent researchers that we hired to carry out the “Influencers” exercise, and may we take this opportunity to thank them for yet another superb job.