- Quality of the written word, including use of grammar, punctuation and originality
- Ability to educate or entertain – specifically, giving something back rather than “pitching” continually
- Popularity – i.e. visitor numbers
- Social media exposure – Tweets, LinkedIn/Facebook/Google+ promotion
- Blog design – cosmetic appearance
- Finally, regularity of posts.
We use the same team of independent researchers that we hired to carry out the “Influencers” exercise, and may we take this opportunity to thank them for yet another superb job.
In 2013 we have “lost” ten entries from 2012 – and of course that means that we have ten new blogs making an appearance on the list for the first time. Congratulations to all of our fifty bloggers!